Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center BUG - family members do not obey template thumbnail setting

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
dick_upton
701 Views, 12 Replies

Content Center BUG - family members do not obey template thumbnail setting

Here is another issue I've run into by placing all my eggs in the custom CC basket.

Normally, when you save a file, the default is to "Save Preview Picture --> Active Component Iso View on Save"

Not so with Content Center parts. What's more, if I change the template file's iProperties
- from "Import From File"
- to "Active Component Iso View on Save"
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dick_upton
in reply to: dick_upton

. . . and then (through Content Center Editor) "Replace Family Template" . . .
Message 3 of 13
dick_upton

. . . and then generate a family member,

clearly, THE MEMBER DOES NOT OBEY THE THUMBNAIL SAVE SETTINGS of the template.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Until that and a couple of other things are fixed,
I won't use CC.

I'm amazed that you and I are the only ones that
are bothered by these shortcomings.

Richard

style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">.
. . and then generate a family member, clearly, THE MEMBER DOES NOT OBEY THE
THUMBNAIL SAVE SETTINGS of the template.
Message 5 of 13
dick_upton

I will continue to "swing the hammer" until they finally fix this stuff. It's too close to "done". Just one more good push and we can finally get this tool to fully production-worthy level.
Message 6 of 13
dick_upton

Yes it is amazing that these issues weren't spotted the first time they ported Genius software over to Inventor as "Content Center", thumbnails, databases, and all - many, many years ago now.

It is a sad statement. In fact I think that for all the potential for usefulness, you are probably right in that there are few people squawking about this and other issues that make Content Center the red-headed stepchild of the Inventor product because it's simply NOT REALLY USED BY ANYONE - because of problems like these.

This issue needs to be addressed.

Can someone from Autodesk acknowledge this?

Please send me an email at dZiZcZk_upton@hotmail.com take out the capital Z's. Thank you.
Message 7 of 13

Thank you very much for point out this issue. I can reproduce the problem. 1224300 is logged to our system to track this issue. I'm communicating with developers for it. Thanks for your support.

Jessica Yan(Autodesk)
Message 8 of 13
dick_upton

Thank you Jessica - it appears this issue is also getting a look-see by others within Autodesk . . .

Can you please send me an email at dZiZiZc_upton@hotmail.com take out the capital Z's
Message 9 of 13
jeanchile

Ressurecting an old post to see if this has been addressed yet. I am experiencing this issue. Is there a fix or workaround available today?

Inventor Professional
Message 10 of 13
jeanchile
in reply to: jeanchile

I am just going to chalk this one up to the old "Content Center is an unfinished tool" thing as well. I've tried everything to no avail (even starting a family over again).

Inventor Professional
Message 11 of 13
barsea
in reply to: jeanchile

I'm still having trouble with this in Inventor 2013.  It is so annoying when trying to find parts as thumbnails made in content center and they all have the same icon.  I have no choice but to use this for work, please fix it.

Message 12 of 13
Arnold82
in reply to: barsea

Just bumped into this problem myself. Inventor 2014... Please make this work

Message 13 of 13

Dear Jessica,

the BUG still exists in 2017!

Smiley Surprised

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report