Inventor General Discussion

SeanCockcroft
Message 1 of 5 (121 Views)

Content Center browser name

121 Views, 4 Replies
08-14-2006 03:53 PM
Here is my problem.

When I insert a content center part. I want the broswer display name and part number to automatically be the filename that the user has selected to save the part as. Is this possible to do?

Sean Cockcroft
JNE Welding
wingspar444
Message 2 of 5 (121 Views)

Re: Content Center browser name

11-02-2006 09:03 AM in reply to: SeanCockcroft
Sean,
I have the same problem. I want tube and pipe parts created from the content center to take the file name I give it and show that in the browser and assign it to the part number. I see this as a major problem that needs to be resolved.

Has this issue been resolved for you?
I was told by my reseller to try this iprop tool, and it didn't seem to work. http://hjem.get2net.dk/opad/

Shane
s.cockcroft
Message 3 of 5 (121 Views)

11-02-2006 01:27 PM in reply to: SeanCockcroft
Stil haven't got anything yet, I haven't been working on solving the problem lately though. Would like a way to do this still
Tomas Antal
Message 4 of 5 (121 Views)

01-19-2007 06:53 AM in reply to: SeanCockcroft
Yes, it is. In Inventor R11 with File Naming command which allows setting of File Name schema for all Families within a Category. This command is available in the CC Editor only for Read/Write library.
When you are launched File Naming command use the button with three dots to get a list of available parameters. Double-click on the parameter that you want to be included in the File Name schema. Click OK. The File Name schema will be applied to each Family within the selected Category.
keithdoran
Message 5 of 5 (65 Views)

01-31-2012 12:22 PM in reply to: SeanCockcroft

what do you do if the value wanted is not in the listed values? such as Vendor? or a Custom Parameter not used in the specification of the model?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.