Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Batch File Creation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
panzilte
273 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center Batch File Creation

First, please review my posts here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/content-center-library-not-updating-PLEASE-HELP/td-p...

I have begun the creation of a new custom content center library because the old one was or became corrupted during our migration from from Inventor 2011 to 2013.  The old custom library was un-recoverable.  The creation of a custom content center library, adding components to the the custom library and working with the file tables adding columns for part description etc.. is rather easy.  Refreshing legacy content center files has been rather difficult.  In some cases I needed to delete the legacy files and them re-insert them manually.  This process is rather time consuming.  What I would like to do is to create all the files in the family table after I have made the changes to the family talble.  Does anyone have a method for doing this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: panzilte

Not quite sure what you're trying to get.  Are you trying to replace a CC part in an assembly, which came from your old library, with one from your new library?  And looking for a way to do all of them at once?

Message 3 of 4
panzilte
in reply to: cbenner

What I would like to do is create all the files from the familly table at once.  For example, let's I just finished adding the ISO 4762 Socket Head Cap Screw to the custom library and I made all the additions/changes to the family table.  In the ISO 4762 SHCS table there are 287 components.  I want to be able to create all these files at once rather than have to insert them individually.

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: panzilte

I don't think there is any way to do this, or need to do it either.  The individual part files will be created as you use them from the CC.  Why would you need to generate each instance of such a large family table all at once?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report