Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constructing a gantry robot to lift a plate

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
InventorInSchool
724 Views, 9 Replies

Constructing a gantry robot to lift a plate

Hello! I'm trying to contruct a gantry robot that is able to lift a plate with a small bendradius without getting any dents.

I want this /''\ (its suppose to be two at each end) to go down and grab the plate and lift it up. They shall also be able to adjust as the radius decreases from 40mm to 0.8mm (It's set in the animation). All I get is error, error, error...

Help pls Smiley Happy

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: InventorInSchool

@InventorInSchool wrote:

Hello! I'm trying to contruct a gantry robot that is able to lift a plate with a small bendradius without getting any dents.

I want this /''\ (its suppose to be two at each end) to go down and grab the plate and lift it up. They shall also be able to adjust as the radius decreases from 40mm to 0.8mm (It's set in the animation). All I get is error, error, error...

Help pls Smiley Happy

Thanks!

What exactly do you want help with?  Error, error... what error?  Are you asking for someone to make it for you?  Based on your login name, one might get the false( I hope) impression that you're looking for someone to do your homework?

We're happy to help with specific questions, but I doubt anyone here is going to build this for you.

Message 3 of 10
JDMather

Did you intend to include an assembly (*.iam) file in that zip?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
InventorInSchool
in reply to: JDMather

I'm sorry guys, I should have explained myself in more detail. And the assembly did somehow not get into the attachment.

Here's the process that I'm trying to achieve.

The robot shall be able to:

• fetch the plate and bring it to a certain position.
  • adapt Its "flaps" when the plate´s radius is being decreased.

bild.JPG

My question is: How am I suppose to connect the robot (Part 2 and 3) with the plate and still be able to do these two functions? I've tried with just mate and flush, transitional contraints, workpoints combined with axes but all It provides is error.

This attachement includes the assembly.

Thanks again for the replies!

Message 5 of 10
JDMather

Has your instructor introduce the Dynamic Simulation Enviroment yet?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
InventorInSchool
in reply to: JDMather

No she hasnt, but I've looked it up on youtube so I'm gonna try to get into it Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 7 of 10

I still can't find a way to connect the plate with the robot. I've watched lots of videos on Youtube (considering the Dynamic Simulation) but most of them are just about a specific product.

Are you saying that I should have the robot mated with the plate and use the Dynamic Simulation to find a way to make the height adjustable?

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
chad38

I don't think I fully understand what you're wanting, but does this do it?

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 9 of 10
InventorInSchool
in reply to: chad38

I've just made some progress with the animation, check it out! But I'm sure that there is an easier/"more correct" way to do it (I'm currently moving one piece as a time).

Feedback please!

Thanks

Message 10 of 10

I'm running with autodesk inventor prof 2013 so I cannot open your attachement Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report