Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FrontlineFusionLtd
213 Views, 3 Replies

Constraints

(Inventor 2015)

Hi, im having trouble with constraints.  2 questions:

1) how do i constrain a HOLE to a SLOT ( or use the hole and slot to make a bolted connection.... im sure if it is possible they should be one and the same)

However my problem is actually this..  I have a hole in a angle iron and a hole in a flat bar that must sandwich a peice of rubber that has been slotted  so to fit easily ( rubber product comes slotted already ) and the assembly is bolted together.

2) how do you bolt through a flat face and finish on a cylinder ( visa versa )  EG.  I made a HOLE in a peice of angle iron and a HOLE in a peice of round bar.... now i need to bolt the two together.

thanks in advance for your time.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The bolted connection i think that can work only with plane and same oriented faces.

You can assemble manually bolt, nut, creating a tangent plane.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: admaiora

Any why can't you just use the "insert" constraint?

Is this "slot" an obround or a square slot?

You can create work points to constrain to also.. Like one at the center of the slot then use that..

or use axis lines or origin planes or work planes,etc..

All my bolts are simply constrained with the insert constraint.. round part of bolt right under the head to the mating hole. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
FrontlineFusionLtd
in reply to: mcgyvr

Slot is round
Im trying to place a bolt, washers and nut from the design content center.
It will not allow the hole in the round bar to be selected
It will not pick up on a work point placed in a sketch on the round bar.
Are u suggesting i bring in each part individually from content center and constrain each one to make the connection?

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report