Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints round off for positional reps.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
shastu
457 Views, 8 Replies

Constraints round off for positional reps.

When creating positional reps in Inventor 2012 SP1 it rounds them to a 3 place decimal.  So If I want the constraint to be at 1.1875 it rounds it to 1.188.  Is there anyway to change this to 4 place decimal?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jletcher
in reply to: shastu

Have not tried but what if the document settings was on 4 place decimal does it still round it off?

Message 3 of 9
jletcher

Ok just tried yeah just go to document settings and change it to 4 places and it will not round off..

Pic.JPG

Message 4 of 9
shastu

Thank You.

Message 5 of 9
shastu
in reply to: jletcher

This solution just changes it for that particular document.  Is there a way to change it in the application options so it applies from that point forward?

Message 6 of 9
SBix26

No, not in Application Options.  Set it in Document Settings in your templates (in 2018 it can be out to eight decimal places).

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2018.2
Vault Workgroup 2018.0
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1

Message 7 of 9
shastu
in reply to: SBix26

Sam,  My point is that if I change it in the Document Settings it only affects that document.  My question was if I can change it for all files.

Message 8 of 9
SBix26

And that's why I suggested that you make that change in your template file(s).  That is a file setting, not a user setting.

But I now understand that you also wish to change it for existing files.  Out of the box, I do not believe there is an easy way to do this.  But I'm sure it can be accomplished through VBA or some other programming language.  Possibly in Task Scheduler, though I don't know how that would be done.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2018.2
Vault Workgroup 2018.0
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1

Message 9 of 9
shastu
in reply to: SBix26

O.K.  Thanks for the thoughts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report