Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints on gimbal not working... HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
djh692
401 Views, 3 Replies

Constraints on gimbal not working... HELP!

Trying to create a gimbal with a supporting frame, an outer square frame, and an inner square frame. when i insert the outer square frame into the supporting frame, i constrain it so that the axis of the hole i have drilled in my frame and the axis of the hole through my supporting frame are aligned, i then constrain a face of it to be a set distance from a parralel face of the supporting frame to centralise it. this works ok, and i can rotate this frame as i like. When, however i insert the inner frame and constrain the axes of the holes drilled through it to the axes of the other holes drilled through the outer frame, and two faces to be a set distance apart, it allows me to rotate my inner frame, but no longer allows me to rotate my outer frame! what have i over-constrained?! HELP!

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel Hutton
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: djh692

Your Frame is not Grounded.

Attach your assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
djh692
in reply to: JDMather

Grounded assembly and this solved my problem! Thanks for the help!
Daniel Hutton
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: djh692

I assume you have moved it from the origin location.

I recommend that you unground it and then add Mate Flush constraints between the assembly and frame origin workplanes (I then prefer to Ground the part for good measure).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report