Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints not showing up for animation in inventor studio.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
AlexanderGraham
1222 Views, 11 Replies

Constraints not showing up for animation in inventor studio.

Hi, 

So I'm new to inventor and I'm trying to use the studio environment to animate some of the contraints I have set on my assembly (one rotational and another sliding). The problem is, whenever I enter the studio environment, the contraints dissapear from the browser, which makes it impossible to animate them. I can see the contraints in the main assembly, and even drive them individually, but again, they don't appear in the studio. If anybody has any idea why this is happening I would be much obliged.

Thanks for the help-

Alex 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: AlexanderGraham

Can you post a screen shot of your assembly tree expanded

Constraints.PNG

or better yet, your actual assembly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
AlexanderGraham
in reply to: JDMather

Here's the assembly. Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: AlexanderGraham

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
AlexanderGraham

Sorry about the long pause. I ended figuing it out. For whatever reason when I use a joint instead of a constraint they don't appear in the inventor studio. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 12
ESSInventor

@Anonymous wrote:

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

On the off chance this post will even be monitored....    I am having the same problem.  I don't understand how to include a part file outside of placing the part within the assembly in the first place.   How do I include a part file?

Message 7 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: ESSInventor

@ESSInventor wrote:

I am having the same problem.  I don't understand how to include a part file outside of placing the part within the assembly in the first place.   How do I include a part file?

I have no idea what this statement means - and it doesn't sound like the same problem to me?

Can you attach your Inventor files here?

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
ESSInventor

Each part was added to the Gear Assembly with constraints.   An angular constraint was added to the impeller and driven.  When this assembly is taken into Inventor Studio, the constraint for the impeller is missing.  The constraint returns after closing out of Studio.   I am using Inventor Pro 2017.  

Thanks

Message 9 of 12
JDMather

Where are your sketch dimensions?

I opened one of your parts (Gear Motor Mount) and the sketches are missing dimensions and if I add missing dimensions the sizes are not manufacturable?  Looks like it was all done by eye?

There is no Grounded part in your assembly?

Wrong size tap drill size used for threaded holes?

There is no Animation Timeline set up in the assembly you attached?

I assume the actual problem is as simple as marking for export and then adding to Animation Favorites, but without an animation even started in the assembly....

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
ESSInventor

You are right.  I broke many cardinal rules with regard to fully dimensioning and constraining the parts.  I am using the assembly in a training video for demonstration purposes and it will not be going to production.....

Message 11 of 12
JDMather

Well, after digging a bit more - I see you used Joint on the Impeller.

I have no experience with using Joints in Inventor Studio.

What happens if you use Assembly Constraint instead?

If I take the the dialog box literally - it doesn't say Animate Joints.

Animate Constraints.png

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
ESSInventor

I did not know Joints could not be animated.  I assumed constraints that could be driven, could be animated.  Okay.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report