Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint problems in Assemblies in Inventor 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andyb
1554 Views, 2 Replies

Constraint problems in Assemblies in Inventor 2013

Morning

I am having a few weird senerios with constraints in my assemblies. I'm hoping others have experienced them and can share their knowldege on getting rid of them...they are driving me slowly crazy!!!

I have modelled a very simplistic rectangular tank with stiffening angles down either side. I did the normal thing, constrain one and pattern. One constraint is placed where I mate the angle to the back wall and offset -757mm. This constraint places fine. When I put the tank assembly into the top level assembly this constraint shows as an error. If I go into the tank and edit the constraint and click OK without changing anything the error is fixed. However, the next time i go and place on item and move a part in either the top level or sub assemblies this error arises again. If I remove this constraint another will do exactly the same.

It's annoying because I haven't done anything wrong yet IV loves to tell me I can't model correctly.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: andyb

Attach the assembly here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
andyb
in reply to: JDMather

Hi sorry for the late reply, I've been away for a few days. I got around the problem by turning the adaptivity off of another part and hay presto no more clashing constraints (even though the constraints weren't realted???) I suppose it is just another strange happening in Inventor Land!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report