Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint Glyphs

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
whunter
904 Views, 6 Replies

Constraint Glyphs

Hi all,

anyone know of a way to show glyphs in order to display different types of Constraints in the Stress Analysis Environment? It is very annoying to double-click (edit) the Constraint just to see what the constraint is. Hovering with the mouse over the Constraint in the browser also doesn't reveal anything.

With Loads you can at least see the force vector glyph.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: whunter

Doesn't the standard F8 work in that environment?  I never use it so I don't know.  In base Inventor F8 will show all constraints... F9 shuts them back off again.

Message 3 of 7
whunter
in reply to: cbenner

No, that doesn't work. I also don't know if it has changed in 2013 (haven't had a chance to install yet), it wasn't there in the beta.

I'm not sure there is a way, it would have to be a plug-in or add-on, perhaps someone knows of such a plug-in?

The FEA in Inventor has a lot of potential (it's already quite good), just a few small things on the UI that needs to be sorted out...

Message 4 of 7
JDMather

@whunter wrote:

Hovering with the mouse over the Constraint in the browser also doesn't reveal anything.

Clicking on the constraint in the browser should highlight the face that it is applied to  (don't need to edit).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
whunter
in reply to: JDMather

JD, yes it does, but then I still don't know exactly what the constrains are, eg, for a pinnned constrained: is radial fixed, or axial, or tangential, or any other combination of those three?

One picks the constraints in a dialogue box, so it would be enough if the constraints were added to the browser names, eg:

Pin Constraint: Bush (DR DA)

Then I know that it is fixed Radially and Axially. I do that manually, but it's cumbersome and error prone.

Message 6 of 7
JDMather

Algor, SWx, and Creo do a better job of this.

Might be worth a future request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
whunter
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

Algor, SWx, and Creo do a better job of this.

Might be worth a future request.

I have already.

Just thought someone on this forum had a plug-in or add-in that could do constraint glyphs already, since I don't know when it's going to get implimented, or if it ever will.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report