Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint form closes when pasting components

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
matt_jlt
267 Views, 5 Replies

Constraint form closes when pasting components

For some reason when I have the constraint form open and I paste another component into an assembly (using Ctrl + V), the constraint form closes before it pastes the component. This behaviour has only started recently (could possibly be since last service pack update Inv Pro 2014 SP2) and is very annoying as I have to keep running the command again every time I paste something which is very annoying when I have hundreds of bolts to do.

Is there a setting somewhere that can fix this? Also, this problem is not repeatable on any other machines I have.

Regards, Matt.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: matt_jlt

Matt,

I hate to break it to you, but SP2 for 2014 made it start working this way.  The way it was explained is that the CTRL-V during the constraint command was an "undocumented" workflow and it caused instability.  Funny thing is, I had used this workflow since R4 and NEVER had an issue. 

Undocumented or not, I am with you.  I used that all the time when placing many of the same components.  AD hinted that they might do something to make it easier to place multiple components, but dont hold your breath. I just roll with it and work with what I have.

In the meantime, what I do is place several 5 or 10 and then constrain all them.  probably know this, but the spacebar will repeat the last command.  That helps when ctrl-v closes the constraint dialog... spacebar brings it right back.... or "C" if you are using default keyboard shortcuts.

Kirk

Message 3 of 6
matt_jlt
in reply to: karthur1

Thanks for the info Kirk, **** you Autodesk. I want this feature back, even if it does cause instability. I have also used this workflow since Inv v9 and never had an issue.

It is very frustrating having to paste them all upfront before constraining them in or the alternative of continuously pressing 'C' to re open the form.

Autodesk, please un-fix this or at least provide a patch for it to bring it back. I place hundreds of bolts and this is a massive waste of my time.

Thanks, Matt.

Message 4 of 6
jeanchile

Yet another reason for me to NOT install 2014. Thanks AutoDesk. Can someone on 2015 please take a look at this and see if it is the same there. We place and constrain bolts by the HUNDREDS in some of our assemblies and losing this functionality would be a massive blow to productivity.
Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 6
coreyparks

This is one of the first things I noticed when we started using 2014.  Oh well, since it's undocumented no one uses it anyway, right?

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 6 of 6
karthur1
in reply to: jeanchile

@jeanchile wrote:
Yet another reason for me to NOT install 2014. Thanks AutoDesk. Can someone on 2015 please take a look at this and see if it is the same there. 

It the same in 2015 also.... (ctrl-v closes the constraint dialog)

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums