Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraint Errors From Supressed Parts When Using LOD

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Skwiggle
336 Views, 1 Reply

Constraint Errors From Supressed Parts When Using LOD

I am trying to model a large Control panel assembly using Inventor Pro 2011. It comprises of a main assembly with several adaptive sub assemblies containing the various items. (Relays assy, label assy, fixing assy etc). All works ok until I start using Levels of Detail to enable me break the assembly into smaller workable parts. I.e. Left door, right door, main panel full, main panel no doors etc. These will be used to create view reps from for my drawing views at a later date. The problem I am having is I keep getting constraints failing on parts which are suppressed in various levels of detail. An example of this Is when I go to right door LOD and do a rebuild all, I get constraint errors from item relating to the main panel which is suppressed. I can suppress the constraint causing the error but when I return to the full panel LOD the constraint is still suppressed and the parts appear In the wrong place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have now restarted this panel four times 😞
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: Skwiggle

Possibly the "Adaptive" components could be the problem. We try to turn off Adaptivity in components as soon as we can. Having items the are dependant on others via Adaptivity, as soon as you suppress them, then you fight this issue.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report