Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSTRAINS NOT WORKING

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
593 Views, 4 Replies

CONSTRAINS NOT WORKING

Hello:

im constrains are not working at all... i try to constrain someting and it will constrain it but not move the part. constrains.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have defer updates on in Application options or in Document Settings? Try to constrain something then hit the update button and see if that works. What you highlighted is only the preview function.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I did the constrain and hit the update and it worked that preview button use to be checked and not its shadowed out. did i do something or change something that i dont know about?

Message 4 of 5
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi android_mike,

If you look at the screen grab you provided, you'll see a checkbox called Predict Offset and Orientation. Uncheck this option and I think you'll be back in business. With this option selected the offset value for the constraint is gathered from it's current position and applied to the input box. Meaning that when you select two components that are 50.035 mm apart at the present time, then the constraint is applied with a 50.035 mm offset value. You can edit the constraint and set the offset to zero for any existing constraints that have accidental offset values.

I hope this helps.

Good luck with all of your Inventor pursuits,

Curtis

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/

Message 5 of 5
ToddHarris7556

As Breemum mentioned.... if you go to Application Options > Assembly Tab and see 'Defer Updates' checked, then the Preview button will be grayed out. If you want to see the constraint preview, then Inventor needs to be able to run updates real-time. If it can't do that, then it can't display the preview.

Todd
Product Design Collection (Inventor Pro, 3DSMax, HSMWorks)
Fusion 360 / Fusion Team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report