Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrains dimensions question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
eluoci
291 Views, 5 Replies

Constrains dimensions question

Hi! I am often getting those wierd angled dimentions added when i use "automatic dimentions and constrains future" at the time it seems that there nothing seem to be need and all geometry apeears to be dimentiond and constrained, could you guys please tell what am i doing wrong? =(

Best Regards!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: eluoci

@eluoci wrote:

...could you guys please tell what am i doing wrong? =(

Using automatic dimensions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
eluoci
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JDMather! Yes i do use them, but they create those extra angular dimentions that i cant see purpose for, but i guess inventor does. Sorry i didn't make my question clear. Just want to be able to constrain everything "by hand" with out useing "auto dimention" tool. All si marked as constrained by Inventor, but it still requires more, it happens quite often when i model parts.

Best Regards

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: eluoci

@eluoci wrote:

... All is marked as constrained by Inventor, but it still requires more, it happens quite often when i model parts.

Best Regards

Attach example file here that exhibits this behavior. (That behavior never happens with me when I model parts.)

Edit:  Not sure you got my meaning - in my opinion - what you are doing wrong is - using the Automatic Dimensions and Constraints - forget it even exists.  You should know when something is fully defined without the need for any feedback from Inventor.  But when in doubt - turn on the DOF arrows and try to start dragging endpoints.  The necessary constraints or dimensions should be obvious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
eluoci

Here it is, its is in one of the sketches on the ring, and here are some pictures too

faefadsfe.JPG

asdfasdfewds.JPG

Message 6 of 6
eluoci

Thank you So much JDMather didn't even know those thing exist!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report