Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrain takes a long time to complete

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
weslie.howard
819 Views, 4 Replies

Constrain takes a long time to complete

I think I know the answer to my problem put I want to make sure. I am working on assemblies that contain in excess of 4,000 components. I am running Inventor 2015 Pro. The problem is it is taking literally minutes to put each constraint on the components. I believe it is a lack of RAM but just want to make sure.

My system is an HP Elitebook running Windows 7 64-bit Professional I have 8 gb of RAM, I believe this is the culprit. The processor is an i7-3720QM @ 2.60 GHz. 

So is the RAM the problem? I hope I can get a request for 32gb RAM upgrade approved, I hope this will help the problem.

Thanks,

Keith Howard

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: weslie.howard

If you have a number of components that are Adaptive, this will reduce Inventor performance. Bad constraints will further reduce performance as well. You can check for bad constraints by using the "Show Sick Constraints".

Can you use the LOD and suppress sections of your model that you aren't working on? This will help as well.

8Gb should be enough but if you have complex parts with lots of features on them, this can bring Inventor to it's knees as well. Can you at least post a screen capture to give us an idea of your model size/complexity.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
weslie.howard
in reply to: blair

Blair,

Thanks for the response. I will try suppressing what I can. Here is a screenshot of what I am working on. The tower is made up of all the components and fasteners. I will also be adding an equipment shelter which has all the equipment inside the shelter like electrical panels battery charging system rack mount equipment.

I hope this is what you were asking for.

Thanks,

Keith

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: weslie.howard

Create a new Level Of Detail for just the area you will be working on and Suppress the rest, this should help. You could be hitting the wall due to the "size" length of your model components.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
weslie.howard
in reply to: blair

Thanks Blair! I will give that a try.

Keith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report