Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrain point to curved line

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aheiselberg
1302 Views, 2 Replies

Constrain point to curved line

Hi folks

I have an assembly with a curved line made in a sketch, and a part with a point in the bottom.

I want to constrain the point to the curved line, but the regular Constrain options wont let me do so.

Is there any work-around or a tip for this?

The attached pic might make it easier for you to see what I want.

I am making an animation with Inventor Studio, so I need this constrain, so I later on in studio can manipulate it and insert the first part into the other.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: aheiselberg

Can you place a Work Point on the line at the point required. If so, then use the Work-Point to constain to. Or extrude the line as a surface and costrain to it. If you use the constraint distance to match the radius it will match.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
aheiselberg
in reply to: blair

I couldn't figure out how to extrude the line as a surface, but I did a workaround and created the curved line as a part instead. The surface of this part was able to create the constrain, as you described. Worked perfectly!

Now I just have to make the part invisible, and I am good to go.

Thank you for you help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report