Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrain parts to the assembly orgin axis?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
billjenkins
5563 Views, 4 Replies

Constrain parts to the assembly orgin axis?

I have an assembly of parts constrained to each other and the parts are not grounded.  I would like to orient my assembly to the orgin axis of the .iam enviroment so that  I can get the exact views that I want.  I use Inventor 2009. No parts are adaptive.

Thank You,

Bill J.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: billjenkins

just mate XY plane of the base part to the XY plane of the assembly, etc

Message 3 of 5
billjenkins

Thanks but that did not work. I can move my model around in the .iam environment but for some reason the model will not constrain via work plane of the base part to the .iam origin plane or axis. I get an error message dealing with many constraints being inconsistent. Not a big deal but if you come up with any other ideas, I'll give them a try. I do have a Level of Detail in the model. 95 parts total.

Thank You,

Bill J.

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

Sounds like you are just not constraining correctly or you still have something grounded. Make sure you are picking the right solution option in the mate constraint (flush or mate)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

a bit of a workaroud:

demote all of the 95 parts into a subassembly, set the subassembly BOM structure to be phantom, then constrain the base part as needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report