Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrain Flange to Sphere

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Lance127
333 Views, 6 Replies

Constrain Flange to Sphere

I am having trouble figureing out how to constrain this flange to the hole in the spherical door. Does anybody have any suggestions? I just can't seem to get the flange to be tangent and I know it can't be as hard as I am making it.

Lance W.
Inventor Pro 2013 (PDS Ultimate)
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mpatchus
in reply to: Lance127

It would help to see what you are trying to constrain it to.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 7
Lance127
in reply to: mpatchus

Dang it. I messed up the attachement

Lance W.
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB
Message 4 of 7
JDMather

Do you really want the hole feature at the assembly level rather than the part level?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
Lance127
in reply to: JDMather

Yeah. This is a purchased part and the hole is in different locations or sizes depending on the particular use for it. If deriving off the original part work better I can live wit hthat.

I did try doing something by deriving but couldn't get a better result there, myself.

Lance W.
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB
Message 6 of 7
JDMather

In the original part create workpoint at pierce point of desired hole location and axis.

Create sketch on plane parallel to axis and Project Cut Edges.

From there you can work out location.

Since you are using an earlier version it is difficult to describe the solution, but imagine this -

if you created those two parts as multibody solids in position - the sketches you used to create the parts or Project Cut Edges would give the solution for then constraining as individual parts in assembly (don't use Tangent, just Mates).

Sphere to cone example (similar) has been posted here several times in the past.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 7
Lance127
in reply to: JDMather

I have 2013 installed also (we just haven't switched yet) if you could show me what you mean here.

Lance W.
Vault Pro 2013
Windows 7 64
Xeon 2.4 Ghz 12GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report