Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrain Centre of Circle to Another Sketch at Right Angles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
u067820y
3612 Views, 4 Replies

Constrain Centre of Circle to Another Sketch at Right Angles

Hi,

Could someone teach me how to constrain the circle (Sketch 5) to the linear lines in Sketch 2? There seems to be no way to constrain to another sketch. My intention is to draw a cube tube frame but the alignment is off. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: u067820y

Project Geometry the line in Sketch2 as a point into Sketch5.

This is usually covered in the 1st hour of training.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

Have you gone through the built-in tutorials?

I would probably use Frame Generator for this design.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
u067820y
in reply to: JDMather

We were taught solidworks. In solidworks there is a way to constraint to work planes and axises you have created. Can't seem to find the details for the method in Autodesk. Maybe we should add that in for future versions. Thank you.

I've used the frame generator like you have proposed, but is there a way to auto miter all the corners? Thanks again.

Message 4 of 5
aliraza11583

Edit Sketch 2 make a point and finish this sketch. Edit sketch 5 go to coincident constrain and goin circle center and sketch 2 point before this select project geometry and click sketch 2 point.

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

@u067820y wrote:

We were taught solidworks. Maybe we should add that in for future versions.

I already told you how - Project Geometry (same as SolidWorks - Convert Entities) and Coincident Constraint (same as SolidWorks Coincident Relation).  It is in the current version and all past versions.  Pro/E is the same.  Your professor should be able to help you.

Using Sweep to get "auto-mite" doesn't represent real world as you are modeling an assembly as one part.  If you don't need to document individual parts that is OK, but don't get the whole thing designed and then realize that you really should have done the design more like the real world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums