Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constrain behaviour

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
98 Views, 3 Replies

Constrain behaviour

Hi, I'm in the process of constraining several hundreds of small parts in a huge assembly. Each part needs to be constrained with 3 constrains in various ways. This is all good, but for each constrain I do the part moves way out of "reach" often inside other parts and assemblies. I wish Inventor could be a bit more intelligent in this area. Perhaps a option to not update the position of the part until you have accepted all the constrains. (multiple constrains before done) Regards, Jorgen
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Application Options | Assembly Tab >> Defer Update Click the lightning bolt on the toolbar to update the assembly at any time. Neil "JGH" wrote in message news:407260c2_2@newsprd01... > Hi, I'm in the process of constraining several hundreds of small parts in a > huge assembly. Each part needs to be constrained with 3 constrains in > various ways. > This is all good, but for each constrain I do the part moves way out of > "reach" often inside other parts and assemblies. I wish Inventor could be a > bit more intelligent in this area. Perhaps a option to not update the > position of the part until you have accepted all the constrains. (multiple > constrains before done) > > Regards, > Jorgen > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Shame on me! and thank you for showing me. Can't believe all the hours spent doing this the wrong way...I had no clue this was in there. Thank you, this just made my day Jorgen :-) "Neil Munro" wrote in message news:40726611$1_1@newsprd01... > Application Options | Assembly Tab >> Defer Update > > Click the lightning bolt on the toolbar to update the assembly at any time. > > Neil > > "JGH" wrote in message news:407260c2_2@newsprd01... > > Hi, I'm in the process of constraining several hundreds of small parts in > a > > huge assembly. Each part needs to be constrained with 3 constrains in > > various ways. > > This is all good, but for each constrain I do the part moves way out of > > "reach" often inside other parts and assemblies. I wish Inventor could be > a > > bit more intelligent in this area. Perhaps a option to not update the > > position of the part until you have accepted all the constrains. (multiple > > constrains before done) > > > > Regards, > > Jorgen > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Jorgen, Within the place constraint dialog box there is an option to "predict offset and orientation". See attached screen cap. This keeps the parts being constrained in place and the distance is inserted into the offset field. Then change the value to bring the components together. -- Brian Schanen Inventor Certified Expert MasterGraphics brian.schanen@masterg.com "JGH" wrote in message news:407260c2_2@newsprd01... > Hi, I'm in the process of constraining several hundreds of small parts in a > huge assembly. Each part needs to be constrained with 3 constrains in > various ways. > This is all good, but for each constrain I do the part moves way out of > "reach" often inside other parts and assemblies. I wish Inventor could be a > bit more intelligent in this area. Perhaps a option to not update the > position of the part until you have accepted all the constrains. (multiple > constrains before done) > > Regards, > Jorgen > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report