Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFUSING VAULT STATUS ICONS BETWEEN INVENTOR-VAULT ADD IN AND VAULT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BLHDrafting
693 Views, 4 Replies

CONFUSING VAULT STATUS ICONS BETWEEN INVENTOR-VAULT ADD IN AND VAULT

This is the sort of crap that is extremely confusing to new users. The below picture shows Vault Explorer in the background and Inventor "Open From Vault" in the foreground. The same file is shown in both windows, but notice the yellow I in the foreground window (Inventor OPen From Vault) and the locked (released) picture in the background window (Vault Explorer). Which is correct? And why don't they match?

Moderators, please move this if it should be in the Vault forums.

vault.png

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: BLHDrafting
Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

I agree as well that they should be the same.  Is that particular file already existing on your local?

If so, what happens iof you delete it off of the local and then open from vault inside of Inventor.

Do they match then?  I ask, because I see some really quarky things between these two softwares.  Smiley Frustrated

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Cadmanto

Good pickup.

Deleting the file from the local WS and then Inventor "Open From Vault" now shows the correct icon. I knew nothing would be wrong as the file opens correctly. But it's a potential trap for the un-knowing and could promote "chasing tails". So is this a Vault problem or an Inventor Vault add-in problem?

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto

I am not surprised.  I find the communication between Vault and Inventor leaving much to be desired.

So, in answer to your question I believe the fault lies in both of them.

If you think about it, why if these programs are supposed to be communicating well, do you have to sync the properties within vault everytime you change the state of a file?  Shouldn't the software do that automatically?

Something to think about.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report