Inventor General Discussion

Reply
*Kassulker, Kerwin
Message 1 of 7 (53 Views)

CONFIRMATION ON INSTALLING WIN XP SP1!!!

53 Views, 6 Replies
11-07-2002 06:52 AM
I took the advice posted earlier from "rstadler". I was experiencing
extremely slow refresh rates in R6 when rotating 3D models that were
migrated from 5.3.

After only installing Win XP SP1 the performance remains the same... but
then of course, when you uninstall R6, and then re-install... the
performance comes back to the levels of 5.3!
*Dotson, Sean
Message 2 of 7 (53 Views)

Re: CONFIRMATION ON INSTALLING WIN XP SP1!!!

11-07-2002 08:08 AM in reply to: *Kassulker, Kerwin
I had SP1 on before I installed R6 final and I am seeing a lot less problems
than my Win2K machine.

--
----
Sean Dotson
http://www.sdotson.com
...sleep is for the weak...
----
"Kerwin Kassulker" wrote in message
news:B438A4DB3EA471C08A5C156635394799@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I took the advice posted earlier from "rstadler". I was experiencing
> extremely slow refresh rates in R6 when rotating 3D models that were
> migrated from 5.3.
>
> After only installing Win XP SP1 the performance remains the same... but
> then of course, when you uninstall R6, and then re-install... the
> performance comes back to the levels of 5.3!
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 3 of 7 (53 Views)

Re:

11-07-2002 08:19 AM in reply to: *Kassulker, Kerwin
W2K's on SP3, no?
~Larry

"Sean Dotson" wrote in message
news:088B6B78C4C6C51A7E7F93CE514F1CB1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I had SP1 on before I installed R6 final and I am seeing a lot less
problems
> than my Win2K machine.
>
> --
> ----
> Sean Dotson
> http://www.sdotson.com
> ...sleep is for the weak...
> ----
> "Kerwin Kassulker" wrote in message
> news:B438A4DB3EA471C08A5C156635394799@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I took the advice posted earlier from "rstadler". I was experiencing
> > extremely slow refresh rates in R6 when rotating 3D models that were
> > migrated from 5.3.
> >
> > After only installing Win XP SP1 the performance remains the same... but
> > then of course, when you uninstall R6, and then re-install... the
> > performance comes back to the levels of 5.3!
> >
> >
>
>
*Dotson, Sean
Message 4 of 7 (53 Views)

Re:

11-07-2002 08:22 AM in reply to: *Kassulker, Kerwin
yes it is. I am saying I have SP1 on my Xp machine and SP3 on my Win2K
machine

--
----
Sean Dotson
http://www.sdotson.com
...sleep is for the weak...
----
"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
news:A89959F3ACF614ECBA2DCF5E44E8A4DF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> W2K's on SP3, no?
> ~Larry
>
> "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> news:088B6B78C4C6C51A7E7F93CE514F1CB1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > I had SP1 on before I installed R6 final and I am seeing a lot less
> problems
> > than my Win2K machine.
> >
> > --
> > ----
> > Sean Dotson
> > http://www.sdotson.com
> > ...sleep is for the weak...
> > ----
> > "Kerwin Kassulker" wrote in message
> > news:B438A4DB3EA471C08A5C156635394799@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I took the advice posted earlier from "rstadler". I was experiencing
> > > extremely slow refresh rates in R6 when rotating 3D models that were
> > > migrated from 5.3.
> > >
> > > After only installing Win XP SP1 the performance remains the same...
but
> > > then of course, when you uninstall R6, and then re-install... the
> > > performance comes back to the levels of 5.3!
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Caldwell, Larry
Message 5 of 7 (53 Views)

Re:

11-07-2002 08:46 AM in reply to: *Kassulker, Kerwin
That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.
~Larry

"Sean Dotson" wrote in message
news:E60A9BBA05D2A60BB6704CA0EA5719D4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> yes it is. I am saying I have SP1 on my Xp machine and SP3 on my Win2K
> machine
>
> --
> ----
> Sean Dotson
> http://www.sdotson.com
> ...sleep is for the weak...
> ----
> "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> news:A89959F3ACF614ECBA2DCF5E44E8A4DF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > W2K's on SP3, no?
> > ~Larry
> >
> > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> > news:088B6B78C4C6C51A7E7F93CE514F1CB1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > I had SP1 on before I installed R6 final and I am seeing a lot less
> > problems
> > > than my Win2K machine.
> > >
> > > --
> > > ----
> > > Sean Dotson
> > > http://www.sdotson.com
> > > ...sleep is for the weak...
> > > ----
> > > "Kerwin Kassulker" wrote in message
> > > news:B438A4DB3EA471C08A5C156635394799@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > I took the advice posted earlier from "rstadler". I was
experiencing
> > > > extremely slow refresh rates in R6 when rotating 3D models that were
> > > > migrated from 5.3.
> > > >
> > > > After only installing Win XP SP1 the performance remains the same...
> but
> > > > then of course, when you uninstall R6, and then re-install... the
> > > > performance comes back to the levels of 5.3!
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*KJohnson
Message 6 of 7 (53 Views)

Re:

11-07-2002 08:35 PM in reply to: *Kassulker, Kerwin
I was always told by my IT guy that when installing any major program you
should reinstall the SP's after. You get better performance.

Kathy Johnson
"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
news:B49B74345259FC498B45C3771601330F@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> That's what I thought, but wasn't sure.
> ~Larry
>
> "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> news:E60A9BBA05D2A60BB6704CA0EA5719D4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > yes it is. I am saying I have SP1 on my Xp machine and SP3 on my Win2K
> > machine
> >
> > --
> > ----
> > Sean Dotson
> > http://www.sdotson.com
> > ...sleep is for the weak...
> > ----
> > "Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
> > news:A89959F3ACF614ECBA2DCF5E44E8A4DF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > W2K's on SP3, no?
> > > ~Larry
> > >
> > > "Sean Dotson" wrote in message
> > > news:088B6B78C4C6C51A7E7F93CE514F1CB1@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > I had SP1 on before I installed R6 final and I am seeing a lot less
> > > problems
> > > > than my Win2K machine.
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > ----
> > > > Sean Dotson
> > > > http://www.sdotson.com
> > > > ...sleep is for the weak...
> > > > ----
> > > > "Kerwin Kassulker" wrote in message
> > > > news:B438A4DB3EA471C08A5C156635394799@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> > > > > I took the advice posted earlier from "rstadler". I was
> experiencing
> > > > > extremely slow refresh rates in R6 when rotating 3D models that
were
> > > > > migrated from 5.3.
> > > > >
> > > > > After only installing Win XP SP1 the performance remains the
same...
> > but
> > > > > then of course, when you uninstall R6, and then re-install... the
> > > > > performance comes back to the levels of 5.3!
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
*Stephen
Message 7 of 7 (53 Views)

Re:

11-08-2002 11:08 PM in reply to: *Kassulker, Kerwin
"KJohnson" wrote in message
>
> I was always told by my IT guy that when installing any major program you
> should reinstall the SP's after. You get better performance.
>

There is no need, all the files installed by the service packs in Win2k and
WinXP are protected by windows file protection, and if replaced by an apps
installer, would automatically be recovered to the correct version.

Stephen.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.