Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Content Center Not working - Inventor pro 2015 - (INV19101)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dblanchard
1185 Views, 2 Replies

Configure Content Center Not working - Inventor pro 2015 - (INV19101)

Hi,

Yet another thread on Content Center Not working (sorry)    Quick answer - IMHO - INV19101 causes the Problem it was tring to fix!

I thought I would share an issue I ran into.  User came to me Friday telling me "Place from Content Center" was not working.  We have just gone Live with 2015 on this past Monday.  All was good through 2 month trial. 

All the solutions for fixing this issue were tried (reboot server, non admin, install/active....)

Symptom:            “Place from CC” does not produce the CC Popup.

“Configure Content Center” does not produce the expected Popup

Problem effected ALL Users – “Place from CC” and "Configure Content Center" worked at least up till Wednesday afternoon.  Wednesday SP1 and INV19101 were installed on all users stations.

Diagnostics1:

On a workstation with latest SP  and updates  (SP1 & INV19101)

1)      Fresh user login after power cycle/reboot

2)      Open PDSU Inventor 2015

3)      Click Projects Icon

4)      Verify “15 Vault” Project file selected  (location d:\)

5)      Click “Configure Content Center” Icon

6)      Login to Vault Popup appears – Login into vault with known account

7)      No further Popup for Configuring Content Center appears

😎      Clicking “Configure Content Center” produces the same results – NOTHING

Diagnostics2:

1)   Fresh user login after power cycle/reboot

2)   Open PDSU Inventor 2015

3)   Click  Tools

4)   Click on Application Options

a) Click on Content Center Tab

Change “Autodesk Vault Server” Radio Button to “Inventor Desktop Content”

b) Click Apply and Close

5)   Exit PDSU Inventor 2015

6)   Restart Inventor

7)   Re-Test as In Diagnostic 1

You should see your Local version of CC.

Now - Repeat steps 1-4 changing radio button back to “Autodesk Vault Server”

If  INV19101 (9/17/14 version) is installed - you may see an Inventor Crash - When you click apply/close

Solution:

Remove INV19101 via Windows Add/remove and retest.  Thank-you M2 Technologies &AutoDesk for this solution!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: dblanchard

I am not sure what could have caused this to not function anymore. I am curious if the Inventor registry information may have been suspect. Here is a link to a reset utility that might be worth trying first if this pops up again.

Inventor Reset Utility

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 3
dblanchard
in reply to: 4donwan4

The problem was directly traced to the installation of the Hotfix (INV19101). Uninstalling INV19101 Allowed CC to function properly! In the words of my support company - "Hot fixes should only be installed IF you have the problem the hot fix is trying to fix" I think I will use this method going forward.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report