Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condensing file tree

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gsger5
328 Views, 2 Replies

Condensing file tree

How can I condense the 'history tree' that lists all the function? Like, putting multiple sketches into one folder and then being able to expand it to display all of them?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: gsger5

Sorry, not possible.  That feature tree is the precise history of how that model is defined.  Changing the order of features changes the model, sometimes in useful ways, sometimes not.  But you can't just plop things into folders, because that changes the order and therefore the actual model.

Even though the part file feature browser looks similar to the assembly file component browser, the similarity ends there.  You can rearrange the components in the assembly browser all day long (exception noted for component patterns) and it doesn't change the model.  Not true with features.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: gsger5

Can you post a file that exhibits where this would be useful?

I often have a bunch of sketches that rather than turn off visibility I simply drag up the End of Part marker, but that sounds like something different than what you are asking.

Are you using a lot of shared sketches?

More information is needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report