Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concerning Design Assistant and Pack and go

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
anothertsc
138 Views, 1 Reply

concerning Design Assistant and Pack and go

Regarding my note on Saturday & failure of DA updating the drawing/part name to correspond with the browser in the actual iam, I rec'd in part, the following from Hal: At
some point you may see that browser names and iProperty fields do not always match. This goes back to the issue of manual edits of these fields. As Larry and Richard pointed out previously, you will have to manually edit these from now on. Gentlemen, this is "exactly" the problem I tried to identify. The difference, I "did not use Pack and go" EVER. When I attempted using today, the "same" "identical" issue results. That is, in DA, upon opening a top level iam, I rename (1) ipt. It updates "correctly" as done before. When I "exit" DA and go into Inv and call up the top level iam, in the "browser" is shown the "original" ipt name..."not" the "renamed" part done in DA. The "only" difference I saw by using PackNGo was that it automatically created an ipj and idv. Prior to PackNGo, I achieved the same by manually creating the ipj. Your response indicated that I would "still" have to manually change text "after" using DA or PackNGo. I thought the whole advantage for using DA was to "eliminate" manually changing something in explorer....again, your help or new advice would be appreciated. Thx
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: anothertsc

I have seen this a couple times & it's still a
mystery to me. For example:

I use DA to move a complete assy to a temp folder
& rename a group of parts in one sub in the process (ko_xxxx to kd_xxxx).
All file names & their corresponding part numbers rename properly. I do this
to clean up the folder & get rid of any orphan files. I then move the
complete assy back to the original folder & open it. The parts in the
browser still say ko_xxxx even though the part name & number are correct!
AFAIK these parts have never been renamed in the browser.

--
Dave Hoder
Product Design
Engineer
idX Seattle

href="http://www.idxcorporation.com">www.idxcorporation.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums