Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compressing a file using some sort of Codec Software

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Calavetta123
630 Views, 7 Replies

Compressing a file using some sort of Codec Software

I am looking to compress a 20 second animation that I created due to the fact that the AVI file size is 1.39gb. With the file size so large it is so choppy to view until it is done buffing. The buffing seems to take around 30 minutes or so. This will not work when I need to present this animation in front of my boss. If I use a Codec software like TechSmith will the program need to be installed on the computers that I will be playing the video from or will I be able to play the video on any computer even if the software is not installed on it. If it is need to be installed on the computer that I will be presenting the video is there any other type of software that will compress the file to a file format that will play on any computer without using any special software. Lastly, does Inventor give you a Codec software when you buy the suit or is up to the user to find and install a Codec software?

IV 2024 Pro-Suite / VP 2024
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ravikmb5
in reply to: Calavetta123

Use total video Converter

Which is best video converter

Where u can get much more Flexibility on video compression

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 3 of 8
Calavetta123
in reply to: ravikmb5

If I compress the file using Total Video Converter will I be able to veiw the animation on any computer that I choose as long as the computer has Windows Media Player on it.

Message 4 of 8

You might look at converting the file to another format  like MP4 for viewing. Camtasia does a better job of that. Techsmith has a great codec for capture. Techsmith's codec is free and can be used with Inventor. It produces a compressed video . No need for it on every system.

http://www.techsmith.com/codecs.asp

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 5 of 8
ravikmb5

Total video Converter has got variety of formats

where u can conver it into gif image also

later on using Gimp u can remove backgrounds

This is use full when u create power point presentation or

when u want to publish videos to web ppages

this is what i do

1.png

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Message 6 of 8
Calavetta123
in reply to: ravikmb5

Thanks for all the input, Now back to my original question If I compress the file using any type of Compression Software am I still able to play the animation on any computer using Windows Media Player. If not what would be my alternative.

Message 7 of 8

Yes

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

This is a common problem a lot of people seem to have, Im using the techsmith codec to render my avi videos, they come out with great quality, but are huge files. The video converter from above is ok, about as good as "any video converter" if you ask me. I wouldnt waste time converting with one of those softwares.

Look up Sony Vegas, its made for Pro HD video and multi track audio production, its not free, but they have a 30 day trial. You can simply open the rendered video and then in Vegas click "render as". It will give you options for what kind of video file it will be as well as resolution, sharpness, Fps, optional sound and some other nice video settings. Thats how Im doing it now and its working out great. My Inventor avi files are 300mb-1gb and thats just not cool. After im done in vegas Im looking at 6mb-28mb depending on video length. They do not lose any image quality in the Vegas render and can now play on any computer or phone or tablet or whatever you wanna watch it on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report