Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compress Spring Problem -- HELP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
275 Views, 3 Replies

Compress Spring Problem -- HELP

Could someone help me with the assembly, please !?? I've created a spring (it was my homework) that is compressed by the moves of that "circle". It just doesn't want to compress. Please help me. The whole assembly is opening by "Asamblare.iam" Man Sad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

if you use the search box for coil spring ...you'll see quite a few on the forum over the past few months, with some great examples 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! The dataset is incomplete. There are missing components in the zip file. I look at the partial dataset. I think there is some confusion about who is the driver and who is the follower.

The general rule of thumb in this type of design is to have clear driver and follower relationship. In the assembly, there are most of the parts are adaptive, which does not make sense to me. Since you want the spring to compress (shape change by external influence), the part has to be adaptive. I suggest you discuss it with your teacher or teaching assistant or your classmates. If you still cannot figure it out, please attach a complete dataset.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
JDMather

This example only includes Spring Force - not a spring, but go to Environments>Dynamic Simulation and run the Simulation.

Post back for more instructions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report