Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Visibility Issues

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CelticDesignServices
431 Views, 5 Replies

Component Visibility Issues

OK, this one has got me scratching my head.

I've seen it happen before, just can't for the life of me recall how to fix it or what causes it.

I was sent an assembly a user created where he has subassemblies created by a few others inserted and for whatever reason, the componenets do not show up. If you select the file in the browser tree, the wireframe of the file shows up and if you throw it into Edit mode, the files show up as normal. It's when you finish the edit that the files go back to invisible.

I've checked everything I can think of and the files should all be visible.

I can select Master LOD, parts all show as visible, iProperties Occurances show the files as visible, nothing is shrinkwrapped or the like. The user has about 5 subassemblies out of about 8 that show up this way.

Any ideas?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Let me add a little more info on this.

This issues seems to be happening within this one assembly file.

If I insert any of these sub-assemblies into a new assembly template, they come in fine.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Message 3 of 6

Resolved it sort of.

Found that the Default View Rep of the main assembly was the driver in all this.

Creating a new View Rep or activating the Master View Rep solved the issue.

So the user will simply create a new View Rep and delete the Default one.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 4 of 6

I tried the above solution to no avail.  I was working in an upper level assembly and refreshed 2 subassemblies from the Vault... and as soon as I did the visibility issue occurred.  I had not been having problems myself, but the person who submitted these two subassemblies into the Vault has been having problems.

Even if the above solution is workable for someone it stills is not acceptable to have to delete and recreate view reps... often they take a lot of work to create.

Message 5 of 6

Understood. Yes, this work around was just that for this one instance.

I've found the same type of thing happening but it was due to a previous user setting the "Slice Graphics" or the "Section View" setting in the file and saving the file at that setting. Once those were set back to the default settings, the issue was resolved.

Not sure if that's the issue you're seeing but it would be one of the first things I'd check.

views.JPG

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 6 of 6

Thanks for your reply. I checked the sections out and did not that to be the case. I believe that sections are saved with the view reps though. I finally got it to show up after retrieving the master LOD rep. I turned in a help desk request for this, but it may be one of those ones that is hard to duplicate. This electronic mail transmission contains information from Joy Global Inc. which is confidential, and is intended only for the use of the proper Addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately at the return address on this transmission, and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Unauthorized use, copying, disclosing, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Privacy-JGI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report