Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component turns red in breakout view

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cadlad
440 Views, 5 Replies

Component turns red in breakout view

My coworker gets this error:

red component.png

He makes a detail. In the enlarged view he makes a sketch. He then makes a break out. Within the enlarged view, in the gap which the break out opened up for clarity of the view, are two components that he wishes to make its hidden lines visible. Doing this locks up his machine and makes a single component turn red. This is new behavior. Is anyone in here have an experience like this? What is causing it? What can be done to resolve it?

Dell Precision T3610 - Windows 7 SP1, 64x, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (driver 9.18.13.5306), Inventor 2013 SP2 Update 6 - *Autodesk Inventor Professional Certified*, AutoCAD 2014 SP1, Vault Professional 2014 SP1, 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: cadlad

Try using the Crop View rather than the Detail Window. Also make sure you are up on all SP's and Hot-Fixes

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
cadlad
in reply to: blair

If I use detail, then the shaped from which I created the enlarged view gets annotated in the originating view. However, if I do as you suggest - make an enlarged base and crop it, then I would be required to sketch the shape and annotation of what it is enlarging in the originating view. This is creating more work for myself. However, you are saying that this will make the performance problem go away? Cropping an enlarged view to annotate detail of a smaller view requires less computing power than using the detail command?

Dell Precision T3610 - Windows 7 SP1, 64x, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (driver 9.18.13.5306), Inventor 2013 SP2 Update 6 - *Autodesk Inventor Professional Certified*, AutoCAD 2014 SP1, Vault Professional 2014 SP1, 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator
Message 4 of 6
blair

I would just create a Sketch within the main drawing and create a circle or box with the labels to match the label you use for the Cropped view. Make sure you anchor the sketch to model geometry so it moves with the main base view.

It will reduce system overhead a bit as the view is not linked to the base view the way a detail view would be.

Kind of a cheat way to create a detail view that can be controlled easier and will allow for break-out views within the cropped view.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
cadlad
in reply to: blair

Creating details with breakouts was not an issue when we were using 2011 Inventor. Why the change now that we're using 2013 Inventor? I do not see any hotfixes for this. How might I go about bringing this to Autodesk's attention?
Message 6 of 6
blair

Navigate to the root folder for Inventor in this forum and look for the IdeaStation:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report