Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component Pattern Problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mount_mordor
163 Views, 9 Replies

Component Pattern Problem

I am running into a really weird issue with the pattern component tool
I want to patten a bolt into 8 holes, a simply rec. pattern, but IV is making a mess of this simple task.
Note the spacing, the first space is double what it should be, but not just that it is slightly more, and offset in the the other direction as well.

Anyone seen this before?

Troy
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: mount_mordor

Well according to the dialogue you have them offset in the "row" direction by 2 mm. Also is your 50.8mm spacing correct? Might not be the answer but they sure look suspect... Are the holes a pattern? If so then use the feature pattern option. -- Sean Dotson, PE (AICE) RND Automation & Engineering www.sdotson.com www.mcadforums.com "Troy Grose" wrote in message news:7340599.1112039474267.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am running into a really weird issue with the pattern component tool > I want to patten a bolt into 8 holes, a simply rec. pattern, but IV is making a mess of this simple task. > Note the spacing, the first space is double what it should be, but not just that it is slightly more, and offset in the the other direction as well. > > Anyone seen this before? > > Troy
Message 3 of 10
mount_mordor

Well a reboot seemed to knock the sense back into it, I guess my computer had a little too much fun on the long weekend.
Message 4 of 10
douthett

If you notice this problem a lot you might want to clean your hard drive and do a defrag too. Inventor is a very messy program
Message 5 of 10
karlaredor

I have another problem. This time with the pattern component. Supposedly, it would show 3 occurrences (circular pattern) with a 120-degree separation.

The preview before hitting the OK button is my expected result. Unfortunately. It would result into this (please see attachment).
Message 6 of 10
karlaredor

This attachment is a screenshot of before hitting the OK button for your reference.
Message 7 of 10
karlaredor

By the way, this problem is for R11.

Thanks!
Message 8 of 10
karlaredor

Thanks!

The white part was adaptive. Then I turned off its adaptivity and it worked. Is is because that the adaptivity is turned on?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Yup, that's the problem. We are aware of that issue and are working to get a
fix done ASAP.

--
Gary Tafoya
Inventor Assembly Quality Assurance

wrote in message news:5168190@discussion.autodesk.com...

Thanks!

The white part was adaptive. Then I turned off its adaptivity and it worked.
Is is because that the adaptivity is turned on?
Message 10 of 10
LichaoYu

The easy work around is to turn on "Enable Constraint Redundancy Analysis" in Tools-->Application Options-->Assembly.

Lichao Yu
Inventor Assembly Modeling

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report