Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component drop-down in Format Text dialogue box not producing intended results

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
TRYoung71
719 Views, 7 Replies

Component drop-down in Format Text dialogue box not producing intended results

In an .idw environment, I have multiple models displayed.

I am trying to create simple text labels for each model using text, modifying each one so that it will display the part number and the revision level by using the "Component" drop down box and assigning the proper "Type" and "Property", then using the "Add Text Parameter" button to place the fields into the text box.

This works as intended for the first model that I created a view for.  However, it will not work for each successive model; the text will revert to the part number and revision level of the first model that was brought into the .idw environment, even if I change the target component in the "Component" drop-down box.

In the .jpg that I have attached, you can see that I have 035-14218 selected in the "Component" drop-down.  This is the initial model that I brought into the .idw. and the resulting text is correct.

Is this a bug, or is there something else that I need to do that I am missing?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Pro, SP1
Inventor 2012 SP1

Due to the nature of our business, I am not permitted to attach any files showing models or .idw environments of any actual work-related components.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: TRYoung71

Are these assemblies or parts?

Message 3 of 8
TRYoung71
in reply to: jletcher

These are assemblies.

Windows 7 Pro, SP1
Inventor 2012 SP1

Due to the nature of our business, I am not permitted to attach any files showing models or .idw environments of any actual work-related components.
Message 4 of 8
jletcher

Inventor will take only what you have in VIEW:1

Seeing you have assemblies you also can't use a symbol.

You would have to right a VBA or ilogic to get it to work. I am a bit busy today but if someone does not help you on this I will when I am done.

You could do a search to see if some has done this already and I believe it was..

It is also a item in idea section you can vote for it to be added..

I will find links later if no one helps you..

Sorry..

Message 5 of 8
jletcher

Here I did a search this is what I found you may have to change it up or search for more..

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-Customization/ilogic-code-to-change-View-Label-Text/m-p/36251...

Message 6 of 8
jletcher
Message 7 of 8
jletcher

P.S.

Please give Curtis_Waguespack the thank you. He did all the work and is a very nice guy..

You can kudos me for the help if you wish but he gets all credit..

Message 8 of 8
TRYoung71

Windows 7 Pro, SP1
Inventor 2012 SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report