Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Common Parts Library iParts

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1057 Views, 8 Replies

Common Parts Library iParts

I've set up a common parts library on the server.  Figured out how to make it an actual library that shows up next to the Content Center Files library.  Problem is, some of the parts are iParts and I cannot figure out how to change from read only to add to the tables (various tubing lengths).  I would like to make it so that myself and another engineer can make changes whenever we need to (new parts, various length iParts, etc.)  Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 3 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: cbenner

On top of what Chris said, make sure you have all sizes and variables created in the factory models, because once they are published to the CC you can't add to the CC without republishing them.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 9
swhite
in reply to: Anonymous

Easy way is to set you up a project path to that library folder with full permissions to just the users you want to be able to edit those files. You may need to download that library to your hard drive from vault, and use this as the path. You will need to change projects when you need to edit the library, but its safer that way and the inconvienence of having to close any other projects first is offset by the safety of your library files.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: swhite

How do you set up a project path? I'm relatively new to Inventor and reading the books helps very little.

Darren K. Laube
Engineer
PAUL O. ABBE(r)
Work: (630) 238-7549
Fax: (630) 238-7584
Cell: (630) 258-3309
E-mail: dlaube@pauloabbe.com
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

How do you "publish" to Content Center? Also, this library will need to be a live document that we can add/modify as we do a lot of custom work and use a very wide range of materials and purchased parts. As we do more projects, will be adding more parts to this library.

Darren K. Laube
Engineer
PAUL O. ABBE(r)
Work: (630) 238-7549
Fax: (630) 238-7584
Cell: (630) 258-3309
E-mail: dlaube@pauloabbe.com
Message 7 of 9
Cadmanto

Darren,

First, make sure that your master project file (.ipj) is set to read/write first.

Then, once you have your library established on your network go here.

PM.PNG

Then when this dialog come up you can path it here.

PM.PNG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 8 of 9
Cadmanto

Darren,

I created a document that outlines how to do it step by step.

I have attached it.  See if it helps you.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 9
swhite

Go to your vault program, right-click on the Library folder you have the parts in question in and select Get/Checkout.

Do not check any boxes, this will simply download them to your computer.

Then as Cadmento showed, go to your projects and set up a new project.

See attachments.

You will need to get your IT department to set the vault project up once you create it so that just the users desired can have full access rights, if you wish to limit access to edit those files. When you are done with any edits, simply check the parts in. Being iparts, you might have to create the new part first, by placing it in an assembly, then opening it and checking in, not sure with iparts, our company does not like them so do not use them, much to my dismay 😞

Library Project.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report