Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Alias input annoyance inventor 2011

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
2725 Views, 18 Replies

Command Alias input annoyance inventor 2011

Normally I can enter C to constrain or D to dimension but every once in a
while Command Alias input shows up at the bottom of the screen then this
doesn't work.
How can turn it off?
It's not check in the options
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Application Options > General Tab > Show command alias input dialog
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous

they are all unchecked and If never changed them, and 90% of the time it
works the way I like it.

"Bmiller63" wrote in message news:6369468@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Application Options > General Tab > Show command alias input dialog
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous

Tools Tab > Customize > Keyboard tab > Use default multi-character Command Aliases
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous

The wasn't checked.
And how could that switch without me doing it?

"Bmiller63" wrote in message news:6369493@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Tools Tab > Customize > Keyboard tab > Use default multi-character Command
> Aliases
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

AFAIK, those are the only places these things are controlled, if they're all unchecked, then I don't know what else to look at???

> And how could that switch without me doing it?
gremlins?
Message 7 of 19
RogerCamp

Same problem here IV 2011. Never had this problem in previous versions.
Strange...
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

I suddenly was having this issue the other day as well. It seemed very random, and I checked all of the settings and none of them were set to use alias input, and none of them had changed. It was very intermittent and seemed to happen after using Inventor for a while. I think a restart of Inventor reset it, but I can't be certain here.
There is definitely a bug here.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

I'm now experiencing this Command Alias issue after installing Inventor 2011 Pro SP1. All Alias options are off.

Dan

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

Same issue here...

Checked the registry, and everything seems to be as expected there...

Keen to hear of a fix for this one...

Message 11 of 19
RobJV

Same issue here after upgrading from 2011 Suite to 2011 pro.  I will try restarting and see if clears.

Rob

Update - seems ok after restart of inventor

Message 12 of 19
cwhetten
in reply to: RobJV

I was having this issue.  I noticed it was showing up because C was for constrain and CT was for copy to construction.  I would delete the CT shortcut from copy to construction and then it would work fine.  But, once in a while, it would revert and the CT shortcut would come back and I would have to delete it again.

I finally figured out that the CT copy to construction shortcut had something to do with the mold environment tools that were installed when I installed the Subscription bonus pack.  I unloaded and disabled the Autodesk Mold Design add-in and I have never had the problem since.

If you have the Mold Design tools, try going to Tools > Add-Ins and disabling the "Autodesk Mold Design" add-in (unless of course you use the mold tools).

I've never had a problem with the D shortcut, so I can't speak to that.

-cwhetten

Inventor Pro 2011

Message 13 of 19
RobJV

Any fix for this - it is happening more and more to me and quite annoying.

Rob

Message 14 of 19
SBix26

Not sure if it's the same issue or not, but I am still losing keyboard shortcuts randomly in 2011.  I have eight to ten keyboard shortcuts that I have defined, mainly in the sketch environment.  From time to time, one or two or three of them just disappear.  If I define them again, all is good for another few weeks or a month, then it happens again, but not to all of them, just a few.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous

İ met up with this problem last week. i tried several methods but only effective solution is "reset keyboard shortcuts"

Tool->Customize->Keyboard->Reset All Keys

Message 16 of 19
RobJV

@Anonymous wrote:

İ met up with this problem last week. i tried several methods but only effective solution is "reset keyboard shortcuts"

Tool->Customize->Keyboard->Reset All Keys

That is exactly what I have to do - this usually occurs weekly.  I cannot pinpoint the exact cause though.

Rob

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

I just had this issiue. Oddly, I use 2013, and So far, no-one has said they have this issue on it. I fixed it by deleting all the characters in the dialog box at the bottom. All my hotkeys work. I've never seen (or at least noticed) this dialog box. Ever.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

To fix this I unloaded Frame Analysis with the Add-In Manager. I discovered that frame analysis was taking over regular shortcuts by looking under the Customize>Keyboard listings.

GL

Message 19 of 19
Anonymous

Mine was fine until they installed autodesk archetecture, from mechanical. I'll have to try the frame analysis trick, don't use it anyways.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report