Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining parts lists

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rfowler24
496 Views, 5 Replies

Combining parts lists

Good morning,

I'm wondering if it is possible to combine parts lists for different options of a base assembly.  I have attached a sample of a quick and dirty version of what I'm looking for.

I've searched the forum and found much angst over the parts list, but no information on my particular question.

Previously, we've had to pick an arbitrary base assembly and then sketch in additional columns and manually enter text for the additional assembly options.  This is a difficult method to manage and bypasses much of the functionality inherent in the program.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Randy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rfowler24
in reply to: rfowler24

Just re-baiting my hook to see if I can get any bites.

Am I the only one who needs this?  This method of combining assembly options is very common in the defense area.  (Navy specifically)

Randy

Message 3 of 6
blair

I am thinking, possibly creating a assembly made up of the variations of your primary assembly or just having BOM's of each of your variations and change the header for each BOM as Variation-1, Variation-2...

Don't know of any simple way around it that will maintain the "live-link".

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 6
PACDrafting

You can produce the 2 parts list for both assemblies.

The first parts list will have the titles above or below (whichever suits) your items.

The second list will have the titles removed and placed below or above (whichever suits) the first list.

Then it is possible to renumber the items in the second list within the BOM editor. (Not the parts list drawing editor).

Make the first item in list 2 to start at the number after the last number in the first list. (Gee this is confusing).

Let me know how you get on.

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr

Just create an iassembly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
rfowler24

Thanks for the suggestions.

I've never played around with iAssemblies.  I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report