Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Feature with solid bodies

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
johnster100
2212 Views, 5 Replies

Combine Feature with solid bodies

Hi there,

I have a model with solid bodies. I have used the combine feature to make cuts outs in some plates. The geometry is complex to model so Extrude cannot be used for cuts.

The body used for the combine  can be at different angles and sizes. Due to this some of the combine features will not be needed or have no effect. This leads to the error message:

" The feature as specified did not change the number of faces (and may not have affected the part).  Accept the feature that resulted, or use Edit Sketch or Edit Feature to change the feature definition."

Is there anyway to suppress this feature automatically using iLogic?

thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi johnster100,

If you click the Accept button in the alert message, Inventor will create the feature as an errant feature, then you can suppress it.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply,

Ideally I would like the error message not to appear. It is a part which is used over and over by lots of users, so it is annoying.

Message 4 of 6

Hi johnster100,

If I understand correctly, you're saying that even after you choose Accept when presented with the error message and create the Combine feature with an error, and then you suppress the Combine feature with the error, your users still get an error message when they try to place this part in an assembly? If that's the case, then I've not seen this behavior.

Or is this an iPart or iLogic part that the user is configuring during placement?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 6
atanas1223
in reply to: johnster100

There is an error that says "The part must have at least two solid bodies", and don't now how to convert my bodies into "solid"

(PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO - HD)

Any help will be much appricated!

Atanas

Message 6 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: atanas1223

First, this should be a new thread.  This has nothing to do with the original post (now four years old).

Can you explain what you're trying to do?  It appears that you are selecting the features that make up your model and trying to combine them.  

The Combine tool's purpose is to combine two solid bodies.  Your model contains only one solid body.  Therefore, the Combine tool cannot be used, but also there is no conceivable use for it.

How much training and experience have you had, and what version of Inventor are you using (can't tell from the video, though clearly not 2017)?

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2017.3.1
Vault Workgroup 2017.0.1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Inventor Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report