Mike686
Message 1 of 13 (1,431 Views)

color scheme editor....

1431 Views, 12 Replies
10-31-2012 07:31 PM

hi, i need help..

i was searching for a way to change the color of the project geometry,,

i've found this via the cad setter out

http://opendesignproject.org/2010/09/02/creating-a-new-application-color-scheme-in-autodesk-inventor...

i have install the color scheme editor

i did a backup of the registry using the reg export and save it elsewhere in my cpu

i've made one change to a color then it save

when i open inventor all the color scheme are messed up...

i was using winter night...and now my background color is green....in the part/assembly environement as well as in the drawing environnment...

i've try reopening the color scheme editor, fisrt it wont stop showing error message.. and even after i import the reg back up i've made and the change i've made is back to what it was before

i still have the green background...

i've also try to repair the program witch change nothing..

before reinstalling what can i do

please help

Product Design Suite 2013
*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 2 of 13 (1,408 Views)

Re: color scheme editor....

11-01-2012 05:57 AM in reply to: Mike686

Sorry to hear that Mike - I hope someone from Autodesk will be able to help you...

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
Valued Contributor
Mike686
Message 3 of 13 (1,389 Views)

11-01-2012 06:10 AM in reply to: PaulMunford

do you have any suggestion on that paul?

if i reinstall inventor would it solve this problem...

and what am i going to loose in the process??

i'm really stuck with this one , and i need to work with inventor today....

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 13 (1,351 Views)

11-01-2012 10:07 AM in reply to: Mike686

Hi Mike,

This isn't going to be much help but I wanted to let you know that we looked into this and received the following response (taken from the Readme file of the bonus tools).

“While Autodesk, Inc. has made reasonable efforts to verify and test the sample files ("Sample Files") and tools, including wizards (collectively "Tools") provided in this SDK, the SDK is provided solely on an "as is" basis, "with all faults". The SDK, the sample files and tools contained are employed at the sole risk of the user. Autodesk disclaims all express or implied conditions, representations, and warranties of any kind, including any implied warranty or condition or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or no infringement. The user is free to modify or customize the sample files provided, however Autodesk makes no representations, warranties, conditions or guaranties as to the quality, suitability for a particular purpose, or safety of user's other applications or data when used with the sample files or the tools.”

Again I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I'm hoping that we can get additional community involvement on this thread to discover a potential workaround.

Philip Schmelzer
Valued Contributor
Mike686
Message 5 of 13 (1,342 Views)

11-01-2012 10:41 AM in reply to: philip.s

i understand...

but autodesk must know a way to reset the change made buy this application , no?

but now i must find a way to undo the damage

i don't really want to do it but if i uninstall inventor and reinstall it, will that restore my color

if i would have know it will cost me that much trouble just to change the color of some line

let me tell you that i wouldnt done it

and why do we need an outside application to change what color that type of line use etc....

Valued Mentor
japike
Message 6 of 13 (1,327 Views)

11-01-2012 11:05 AM in reply to: Mike686

Did you do a backup of the entire registry?

Is it possible that you didn't have write access to a portion of the registry when you tried to restore the registry? Where you using an administrator account?

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2013
Valued Contributor
Mike686
Message 7 of 13 (1,323 Views)

11-01-2012 11:14 AM in reply to: japike

yes i did a backup as and how they suggest it when opening the read me file with the color scheme editor...

and for the adminstrator part... inventor is install on my computer, i dont have server or limitation since i work alone..

but if you need to set some thing up to have the possibility to rewrite the registry, then i'm not sure i was autorize to write access

whats weird is when i reopen the color scheme editor everything seem fine, the color show for each scheme seems ok..

and when i open a part file, check the attachements to see what i see

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 8 of 13 (1,291 Views)

11-01-2012 12:57 PM in reply to: Mike686

Hmm,

Thant could be caused by Inventor using the wrong background picture?

This post explains the steps to change it...

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/inventor-background-color-as-white.html

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
Valued Contributor
Mike686
Message 9 of 13 (1,284 Views)

11-01-2012 01:15 PM in reply to: PaulMunford

it the same in ipt, iam and dwg

Valued Contributor
Mike686
Message 10 of 13 (1,281 Views)

11-01-2012 01:17 PM in reply to: Mike686

i try changing the background color..

no matter the one i select, background still green

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.