Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

color option

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
390 Views, 6 Replies

color option

1. I have a centrifugal pump assembly in which the color is Blue.How can i save the same Pump which can be available with 5 different colors.other then the Blue.This would save me changing the color of the parts in the assembly everytime i want the Pump to display a different color

2. Part-0 attached.Can the chrome color be displayed without the reflections?

Cheers,

Terry Close

ver.2012

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jtylerbc
in reply to: Anonymous

You could use View Representations to save color overrides in the assembly for each of the color options.

Message 3 of 7
cwhetten
in reply to: jtylerbc

As for your second question--Since Chrome without any reflections is just gray, I'm assuming you mean without the parking lot image in the reflection.  You can change that in Application Options > Colors tab > Reflection Environment.  I find that Chrome.dds gives nice reflections.

Chrome.png

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cwhetten

That helps . Thank you both

I made the change to chrome.dds  . 

The part looks white after i changed to Chrome.Is this correct color for chrome?

Terry

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr

Does each color of the pump assy have a different part number? or is the whole thing just painted when its all assembled?

If you buy or stock those parts in multiple colors (so each one has a different part number) then an ipart is the way to go instead of view reps... Then when you drop this part into the assembly you just select the color and the part number is automatically correct.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi Mcgyvr

the pump is just painted when assembled.Different machines have different color pumps.It is more for presentation.

ipart is interesting though

Cheers

Terry

Message 7 of 7
cwhetten

No, that isn't how the Chrome color style should look.  See the image in my post above--THAT'S how it should look.

I wonder if your Chrome.dds file is corrupt.  Or perhaps something with your lighting isn't right.  Try changing the lighting style (View tab > Appearance panel > change it to Two Lights or Default or whatever).  For reference, the pic in my post has Two Lights as the active lighting style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report