Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color of welds

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Tozen
2457 Views, 7 Replies

Color of welds

Does anyone know a way to change the color of welds?
Lets say I have a green painted structure and therefore want to have green-looking welds in my weld-assembly?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Tozen

Yes. Insert weldment assembly into another assembly file.

Select the weldment in the assy and change the color.

--
Dennis Jeffrey, AICE, MICE
260-312-6188
Instructor/Author/Sr. App Engr.
Inventor 11 Professional SP2
HP Pavillion Zv5000 (Modified)
Geforce Go 440, Driver: .8185, 2GB RAM
XP Pro SP2, Windows Classic Theme
http://www.design-excellence.com
wrote in message news:5508899@discussion.autodesk.com...
Does anyone know a way to change the color of welds?
Lets say I have a green painted structure and therefore want to have
green-looking welds in my weld-assembly?
Message 3 of 8
Tozen

Thanks Dennis!
Message 4 of 8
will_hebden

Anyone know how to change the colour of a weld for a rendered image (inventor studio).

each time i render an image the colour of the weld goes back to its original colour (grey texture) even though i've created a new style for welds (i want them red with the texture overlayed)

Regards

Will H
Message 5 of 8
signmeup

5 years on, another way of doing this is to change the color style for the weld, but leave the weld bitmap so it still looks like weld metal, but painted.

coloured weld.png

Product Design Suite 2017, HP Z800 Xeon X5680 @ 3.33GHz x2, CPU x24, 96Gb, Nvidia Quadro 5000
Message 6 of 8
njsteinsund

The welds do not take the color set in the View -> Appearance -> Color listbox when the view actually renders.

For the welds to be the desired color in the rendered view, do this:

- Open the assembly containing the welds. Find the material used for the welds by right-clicking

the Welds entry in the browser and selecting iProperties.

- Then open the Manage -> Styles Editor and find the material.

- Change the color style used in the listbox.

- Choose yes to save edits.

(If you have an assembly welded into another assembly with welds already made - make sure to change both.)

(PS: For some assemblies with only one part and welds, I have found it necessary to change the color of the weldment material in the PART also - even if no welds are done in the part - only changing it for the assembly does not work)

Message 7 of 8
spec24
in reply to: njsteinsund

When I go to manage-->Style Editor in the weldment assy, I only get options for lighting and text.

Message 8 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: spec24

@spec24 

You responded to a posting that started 13 years ago and things have changed..  Back then materials and colors were part of the styles.   When Inventor 2013 was released, a whole new interface  for material and appears was created and the information is this posting becomes obsolete.

In the end what are you trying to accomplish...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report