Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color of Migrated Parts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
summit
158 Views, 4 Replies

Color of Migrated Parts

Some of the parts I use have been migrated from as far back as R2.
Is there an easy way to apply the latest material and color set to the older parts?
I know I can edit / add colors one at a time. I'm looking for a way to apply the entire new color set at once.

Thanks,
Jeff
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
summit
in reply to: summit

Sorry,

I forgot to mention, I have R9.

Jeff
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

If you use the Styles Library (you'll need to read up a little first) then you can create a central library which stores all your colours and materials which all files can then reference. Basically, all materials can be made available to all files, old and new without any effort (once the library is set up) Hope this gives you some ideas. Rory "summit" wrote in message news:31361745.1100029376363.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Sorry, > > I forgot to mention, I have R9. > > Jeff
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You could try my color and material transfer or the Copy and Set Material macros from my web site. www.kwikmcad.com -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "summit" wrote in message news:13637158.1100029287658.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Some of the parts I use have been migrated from as far back as R2. > Is there an easy way to apply the latest material and color set to the older parts? > I know I can edit / add colors one at a time. I'm looking for a way to apply the entire new color set at once. > > Thanks, > Jeff
Message 5 of 5
summit

Thanks Kent,

Work really well.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report