Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coiled tube with centered inlets/outlets

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alexander.o.pettersson
870 Views, 5 Replies

Coiled tube with centered inlets/outlets

I'm having some trouble constructing a coiled tube with centered inlet and outlet (see attachment). Is there a way to do this and if so, how?

/Alex
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

First create the coil, then create sweeps from the ends of the coil for the inlet & outlets.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 6

Yes I've tried this but it won't let me align the center of the inlet/outlet with the coil axis.
Message 4 of 6

See attached file

coil.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: mpatchus

I would use a Coil Surface body as Sweep rather than Coil solid directly or if using Coil solid change the end conditions to have at least a short flat section.  This ensures that the profile is round rather than elliptical.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6

mpatchus

I missunderstood you. This will definitly solve my problem. Thanks for all your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report