Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COG update

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
nick307
943 Views, 7 Replies

COG update

Hey guys!

Is it possible to get the COG to update its self automatically when I change an assembly / part without having to turn it on and off again? At the moment, as soon as I change a part it just goes grey and has absolutely no use (shows where the COG was, but not is). Obviously this is a bit pointless, so is there a way to make the COG automatically update without any input from me?

I know I must seem really lazy with this, but its just been getting on my nervs a lot recently!

Nick

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mpatchus
in reply to: nick307

It should update as soon as you do a save.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 8
nick307
in reply to: mpatchus

Hi Mike,

I have tried saving it but it doesn't update the COG.

Am I just mistakeing the colour change for meaning out of date when it means something else? As soon as anything changes it goes grey as opposed to red/green/blue/yellow.

Nick

Message 4 of 8
mpatchus

Hmmm   mine updates as soon as I do a save on the assembly.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 8
mrattray

There's no way that I know of to make it update automatically. You can try suggesting a change to it's behavior here (I would vote for it): Inventor IdeaStation

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 8
nmunro

Tools > Application Options

Physical properties include COG.

cog-on-save.png

https://c3mcad.com

Message 7 of 8
blair
in reply to: nmunro

possible through iLogic.....Smiley Happy

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
t_stramr

Hi Nick,

Updating an assembly doesn't update COG automatically. As COG point is part of Mass properties calculation(what can be time consuming operation), Inventor doesn't recalculate mass props together with assembly update. You can specify recalculation of Mass props on document save or you can do it manually by executing command Update Mass which is on Manage ribbon. Updating Mass props makes COG valid again.

Robert

Mass1.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report