Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoG of selected parts within an assembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Joe_Banger
541 Views, 3 Replies

CoG of selected parts within an assembly

Hello Gents

I have a question about getting CoG of my assembly.  The only problem is that i only need 2 parts (the rest are just dummy solids with 'default material'.

When i control select two parts, right click and go 'iproperties' - the physical tab doesn't let me determine CoG of the two parts combined.

Any help is appreciated.

Joe Banger.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: Joe_Banger

Hi!

You have to supress all the parts you want to remove from the CoG calculation.

Save the assembly and accept the new level of detail.

Make your new level of detail active (by default named: "LevelofDetail1"... double click it) and go to tab manage and select "Update Mass"

This warning will appear:

1.png

Select "NO" and go to iProperties, in the folder Physical select Update and you will have the CoG only for the active parts (Unsupressed parts).

Regards.

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
mrattray

Carlos' idea will work fine (and was actually the first thing I thought of), but another option is to "demote" the two parts to their own sub assembly. You can then open that sub up and find mass the normal way.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 4
CCarreiras

Hi!

Imagine that 2 parts already belong to other two different sub assemblys... promoting and demoting... i dont know if it is a good idea.

Put them in Levels of detail will work for every scenario, without the need of change the assenbly's structure.

If maintaining the assembly struture is not an issue, so... both methods are valid.

Regards.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report