Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cloud based software

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BillyBobBilly
333 Views, 3 Replies

cloud based software

While you servers were down for maintenance today, I got a taste of using a "cloud" based software system. It is not OK to close my business and make me wait for you to get yours in order.

Also while you were conducting maintenance I noticed that all of the files that I had deleted were back. I do not want you to keep my material for any reason.

This will keep me from taking inventor 360 seriously, no doubt others feel the same way.

New Idea: Make the cloud services optional.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: BillyBobBilly

@robertcscarbrough wrote:

This will keep me from taking inventor 360 seriously, no doubt others feel the same way.

Wrong forum.  There is no Autodesk product named Inventor 360.

You might try posting your suggestion here - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360/ct-p/1234

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/general-fusion-360-questions/bd-p/124

Inventor users do not have this problem as it is not (yet?) cloud-based.

Fusion 360 users should be aware of cloud-based risks.

I suspect Inventor users pay a bit more for their software than Fusion 360 users.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
BillyBobBilly
in reply to: JDMather

Subistute Fusion 360 for Inventor 360.

Message 4 of 4

During the Maintenance period you work offline. The offline data is a local cache and it is possible data you deleted from your projects was still there. The cache is data from the last two weeks.

The offline capability allows you use of the software when you have no internet or during maintenance windows. We do apologize that the maintenance period affected your work. We try and schedule the time where we have the lowest usage traffic. Typically midnight PST. These maintenance time also occur once every 4 to 8 weeks and last 1 to 3 hours.
Kevin Schneider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report