Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clearer view

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
paul_pearson
956 Views, 7 Replies

clearer view

Hi

The part is a clear piece of glass used on a gauge.Is there a way to have the number appear more clearer/brighter.I want the number behind the glass.Can the number be much clearer/brighter

Regards

Paul

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: paul_pearson

Helpful hint:  Always post the version of Inventor you are using, especially when posting files.  I can see that yours is 2014.... many of us are still on earlier releases and won't be able to open your part.  Posting the release will just make it easier for those who CAN help you to get to your files.  Thanks, and good luck!   🙂

Message 3 of 8
paul_pearson
in reply to: cbenner

yes 2014...my apologies

The picture attached shows how dim the black color is from behind the glass part

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
cbenner

What glass appearance are you using?  There are several clear appearances that can be applied.  None will be perfect, I fear, but if you try several, you may find one that gets you closer to the desired look.

Message 5 of 8
Ray_Feiler

Try Clear - Light

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 6 of 8
Ray_Feiler

You also can cheat by moving the text to the front of the glass.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 7 of 8
JDMather

@paul_pearson wrote:
....I want the number behind the glass.Can the number be much clearer/brighter

How will the text be manufactured on the real part?
Is is printed/painted?  (if so, it has a thickness.  What is the real world thickness? It is also most likely a different material (the ink/paint) than the substrate glass or plastic)

I haven't experimented since Autodesk changed the colors, but there is a thread here somewhere with clear&.bmp in the body that might be relevant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 8
paul_pearson

Thanks all

The glass cover will be covering a digital gauge reader which has black ink numbers like a digital watch

Thanks

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report