Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular Welds - Computing Mesh

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
upod123
243 Views, 3 Replies

Circular Welds - Computing Mesh

I am trying to use the FEA program to find the stress in a vessel head. The head has two nozzles and each of the nozzles has a repad. I am able to add welds to the repads to connect them to the vessel head, but whenever I try to run the FEA analysis for the vessel, I get a "Mesh Error: Body Failure" for each of the welds at the vessel head. Any ideas on how to correct this? I have attached the file with one of the welds in place. ANy help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: upod123

An assembly file (*.iam) is only a list of hyperlinks to the part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints (and a bit more).

You must include the part files.

I recommend that you not include the welds in the analysis (should not be needed) and you need to indicate the Inventor version (if 2014 there is a Registry edit you need to make).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
upod123
in reply to: JDMather

I am very new to using Inventor. All parts for this model were made in AutoCad and then exported to INventor for analysis. Where would the individual part files be located if this is the case?

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: upod123

Navigate to where the Head E FEA.Iam file is located with Windows Explorer, then RMB on the file and select the Pack-And-Go. It will find all related files to the assembly and place them in a ZIP file that you can upload.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report