Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular Pattern

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Talayoe
877 Views, 6 Replies

Circular Pattern

Hello all,

I am using a circular pattern to re-position an internal keyway (being a bit lazy) and am wondering if it is possible to supress the original keyway? Right now I have to give it a 'Placement' value of 2 to get the keyway to shift the amount I want, and as such it keeps the original as well as the new (overlapping them). I wish to supress only the original one leaving new one...

Yes I know, this is not the correct way to do this, but it has occured to me to use on more then one occasion and I am being lazy to not create a plane.

tks!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: Talayoe

Yes you can, dig down into the circular pattern in the browser and suppress the first occurance after the pattern is created

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 3 of 7
mrattray

Could you have mirrored it around the center plane of the shaft?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 7
Talayoe
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

Hi Matt,

This option I had tried and when your right click on the occurance it does not give an option to hide/suppress or turn off visibility. You get this?

As for mirroring around the part center, I am actually trying to move it 5.2 degrees from its current position and I am not thinking this can be done with Mirror....but I didnt spend alot of time to try and figure this way either to tell the truth.

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 5 of 7
mrattray

You can't suppress the first occurence of a pattern. I believe this is a feature request on the wish lists.

Now that I'm thinking about it, mirror wouldn't work anyways.  You're right about the 5.2 degrees rulling it out as an option, but you still wouldn't be able to suppress the original occurence anyways.

I think your only recourse is to just move the keyway the right way, which you should do, anyways.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 7
JDMather

@Talayoe wrote:
... I am actually trying to move it 5.2 degrees from its current position

Edit sketch, delete horizontal or vertical constraint, dimension correct angle. Done!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Talayoe
in reply to: JDMather

Hey JD,

That is what I ended up doing 🙂

Thanks all!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report