Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circular pattern problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Hidayah
758 Views, 4 Replies

circular pattern problem

Dear all,

Can anyone help me on this, we have a problems when we tried to do a circular pattern with our 3D drawing but couldn't generate it.

Attached is the files.  this is an i-part. Problem started when sizes reach 180M.

We can't figure out why is this happening. Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
salariua
in reply to: Hidayah

I think it's because the ribs are totally inside the legs and as the error shows: " there are not meaningful edges to be made from the intersection".

If you do the ribs as separate body it works (don't know how that's going to affect you).

You can also add the legs towards the end of the part as late possible.

Other options:

Suppress pattern components that intersect the legs but that's hard on ipart, need to check all instances.

Do the pattern in separate operations, do you really need the ribs underneath in-between the legs? 

Why are you having the pattern symmetric both ways 360 deg?

Rename some of the features as you make them, it's easyer to find and edit by others.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
Hidayah
in reply to: salariua

Thanks for the ideas, will check on its again.

Actually, this part is design by our customer and he's having this problems and ask me to help him.

Message 4 of 5
Hidayah

Dear All,

We manage to get solution for this problems, It’s the sketch that causing problem. The Sketch for the rib is too near to the projected line.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

I would not use projected geometry from solids in this design if possible.

When I looked over the file it appeared to me that all, or nearly all, of the sketches could be created on the Origin workplanes without ANY solid geometry.  I think on this design I would (should) be able to delete all of the features, yet nearly all the information to create the geometry would still be available in the remaining sketches and the sketches would not be "sick". 

All about parent/child relationships of geometry. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report