Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circle i Symbol?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
32596 Views, 7 Replies

Circle i Symbol?

I'm seeing a symbol in my model browser tree.  It's a lower-case i with a circle around it.  Capture.JPG

I've seen it on patterns and iParts.  Click on it - nothing.  Hover over it - nothing.  Right-click it - nothing.  What's it mean?

And whoever came up with it, thanks.  It's a real treat trying to search for that in help and the discussion groups.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@mcgyvr this post has been moderated as the link over the years has turned into a malicious one and is currently invalid. If the original reference still exists, please reshare.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi Bill.Schmid,

In addtion to mcgyvr's link, see this link and refer to References > Command message dialog box > Message list:
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/1310-Autodesk1310/1946-Design_O1946/1947-Find_an...

I most often see this when there are sick projected edges (edges that have lost their reference geometry). Typically breaking the link to the geometry and constraining it will resolve the issue.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks for the links.  I'd been to the wiki(no)help page and didn't see anything about it.  The whole wiki bit is worthless.

Message 5 of 8
Paul-Mason

Is there an index of these warning/error symbols any where in the help?

==============
Inventor 2025 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 6 of 8

Hi Mason-Paul,

As mentioned earlier, you can go to the wiki link and refer to References > Command message dialog box > Message list

Autodesk Inventor Circle i Symbol.png

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 8

THANKS

==============
Inventor 2025 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 8 of 8
RodrigoEiras

This is a very old thread, but I have spent quite a time trying to find out were this problem was coming from in my parametric model. At least I want to share it Smiley Happy

In my case I was getting this icon in library iParts I was using from our Vault. 

It seems that if you use an iPart, but the file for that specific member in the iPart has not been created and stored in the Vault you get that warning. As soon as the member file for the iPart is created in the Vault the warning symbol disappears.

I hope this helps someone else!.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report