Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circle Detail Misalignment

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
manuel-m
1267 Views, 19 Replies

Circle Detail Misalignment

Has anyone figured this one out?  I have a view that's in perspective and when I add a circle detail the outcome is a misaligned host and dependent (see attachment A).  The only way I've found to correct this is to move the host circle detail until the dependant shows what I want (see attachment B)...but I still end up with a misalignment.  Can't find anything in the properties dialog box.

I'm out of ideas!

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
blair
in reply to: manuel-m

Very odd indeed. First check that you have all the SP's and Hot-Fixes for your version of Inventor. Can you post a screen capture of the IAM with the Origin Planes visible.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 20
manuel-m

See attached IAM with visible origins.

Thanks in advance for looking into this..@blair

Message 4 of 20
blair

What version of Inventor and what level of SP's are you on?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 20
manuel-m
in reply to: blair

I have 2014, Build: 170, Release: 2014 RTM.  I havent' rec'd a notification for additional service packs yet.

Message 6 of 20
blair

You won't receive updates, this have never really worked as long as I have used Inventor (IV4). At the bottom of the page is a link to: "Service packs & updates". There are two you will need to get up to current. Service pack 1 with Update1 and then you will need Update2 for SP1.1

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 20
manuel-m

I had high hopes but the SP's did nothing (see attachment).  Any other thoughts?

Message 8 of 20
kstate92

@Anonymous wrote:
You won't receive updates, this have never really worked as long as I have used Inventor (IV4).

Shall we notify Autodesk that their Service Pack Notification system needs a Service Pack, or does it have to be submitted to the Department of Redundancy Department instead?

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000
Message 9 of 20
blair
in reply to: kstate92

They have just done a whole web rebuild and all the links to the SP's and hot-fixes have changed. IV2015 will be out in about 1 month. You could log it and wait for the SP or just check on a regular basis for SP's and Updates. They also post on the forum about SP's and Updates.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 20
blair

A work around might be to create a new Iso View and then use the Crop to get what you want. Add a couple of notes and see how it looks.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 20
blair

If it possible to post the files so I could play with it and see if it's machine dependent or a true software issue.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 20
manuel-m

Thank you Blair. I was contacted by Autodesk Customer Support and they're working with me, hopefully they can shed some light on where i went wrong. If not I'll just have to wait.
Message 13 of 20
manuel-m

That's a good idea.  If push comes to shove I'll probably create the iso.  Thank you.

Autodesk Customer Service is on the case as well.  Sounds like it could be my model.  We'll see.

Message 14 of 20
manuel-m

I attached the project files if you'd like to take a stab at it.

The file is too large so you'd have to download them from the following link:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/elNLTG14bEE5eFZBSXRVag

Message 15 of 20
blair

Thanks, I'll take at look at it tonight at home. Blair

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 16 of 20
blair

Any particular reason to use the Presentation file for the ISO view. Not sure if this is the reason for the problem.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 17 of 20
manuel-m

Sorry Blair...it got a little crazy around here.  We used the presentation file because we needed to turn material's on/off on every view.  Is there another way?

Message 18 of 20
blair

Look at View Rep's, I believe you can have different appearances. You can also suppress items in the View Rep (if this is what you mean by "turn materials on/off". Much easier if you are wanting to turn IPT's and IAM's on/off in the parent IAM by using View Reps. You can name each View Rep and use it to create your views in the IDW/DWG environment.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 19 of 20
manuel-m

I'll give it a shot.  Thank you.

Message 20 of 20
t_pcoll

Hi,

this looks to be a problem of detail/cut views created on Perspective view. Sometimes it may work, but unfortunately this is not very well supported in general, currently. There is already logged defect for this (DID#1462846) and I have added note about this thread to the defect.

Workaround is to to create detail view on orthogonal view.

Thanks
Ladislav

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report