Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choose the view to populate title block

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
774 Views, 6 Replies

choose the view to populate title block

Long short, we have dozens of drawings and the original base view was deleted, so the title block uses the next view placed to populate.  We would like to drop in a new view, and use that as the view the title block looks to.  The only way we've figured how to do this is to delete the other 8 or so views (that are already all detailed)., place the view we want to populate the title block, then redraw all the views we just deleted.

Is there an easier way to chose a new base/primary view for a drawing?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dan_inv09
in reply to: Anonymous

I would start a new sheet, place the new view, then copy the others over (and delete the old sheet).

[But if there is another way, I'd like to know.]

Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto

Not seeing the views, my thoughts are to choose the view you want as the main view to populate the TB and if it is a projected view, break the alignment of the associated views.  Then realign the views back to the main view you want.

For example, if you have views A, B, C and D.  View B is the current main view, but you want C to be.  Break the alignment of A, C and D to B.  Then realign A, B and D back to C. Now, if you have detail or section views off of any of these views, they should not be effected.   I hope this makes sense. 

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

The print is for an assembly, but several part files have been detailed out on the print as well.  If a part was dropped before the assembly, the title block targets the part file. 
I would like to redirect the title block to look at the assembly to populate title, part number, drawn by, and so on.

Copying views and pasting them in order to another page is much faster than redrawing.  Thank you.

I would still like a way to make the idw look to the corect view, if anyone has ideas?

Message 5 of 7
dan_inv09

You can hold shift or control to select several at once, after you get the one in for the title block. I think you have to grab the parent view at the same time as any section views or details, etc.

Message 6 of 7
swhite

If you have a view that no other views are based on that is set as the one, you could simply use replace model reference for that view with the model you want. Then put that view back in later. this is assuming no sections or other views were populated off that view. Probably best to just start a new drawing and insert the main view, then copy and paste the entire sheet from the other drawing, rearranging views as needed.

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
Pauli666
in reply to: swhite

What we do is add a sheet 2 & move all the views to it, you can then add a new view to the blank sheet 1 & it's title will populate the title block, or just move the views back in a specific order to rearrange which view will be first. Then just delete sheet 2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report